HOME VISIT AND ACTIVITIES
Home visit at Sámi reindeer herder home
- meet the locals
- familiarise Sámi reindeer herders home
- drink a cup of tea, coffee or warm blueberry juice with berry pie (the berries which the juice is made and pie is baked have family members picked by themselves from Inari forests)
- we will tell you about our family Sámi and Inari life and lifestyle and reindeerherding
If you want, you can also:
- participate handicraft workshop activity (materials: reindeer leather, bones and antlers, alternatively for example woollen or cotton strings and wooden pearls)
- handicraft workshop is suitable for all ages
The handicraft you do during the workshop, you can take with you as a souvenir!
Cook local food at local home
you can cook local food of reindeer meat or Inari lake fish with the host
we use so much local and region foodstuffs as possible
includes main dish and dessert
you can get English recipes with you
Please inform beforehand if you have some allergies!